Thursday 20 May 2010

Wells Tower - Everything Ravaged Everything Burned

Madrigal boy bought me this a while ago (he will make an appearance I promise, but he's quietly welshing on our deal and reading a HUGE library books so he's a bit behind) and I wasn't sure about it because, frankly, the title scared me a bit. I don't want nightmares when I select a bedtime book. However I'm a big fan of good short stories (Raymond Carver and the like) and this was great. It's the type of book that makes you want to start writing straight away, but you won't be able to write as well as he can. I tried. I'll definitely be finding out more about him, and I was especially excited to discover he is part of the McSweenies clan which is a badge of honour to wear with pride. Get the book, and read it, right now. Go. I'm not writing any more so off you pop...

0 Comments: